Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The message board for shocking cinema!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The never ending thread! Everything can be discussed! A place to get to know the people in the forum better.

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ladyzombie
Gravedigger
ladyzombie

The never ending thread! Everything can be discussed! A place to get to know the people in the forum better. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The never ending thread! Everything can be discussed! A place to get to know the people in the forum better.   The never ending thread! Everything can be discussed! A place to get to know the people in the forum better. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 1:26 pm

Nice! I would also like to be invited to your first screening of the Hellraiser prequel please!

As for the HUGE party you'll have at your house in malibu, even if i'm not vegetarian, I do love vegetarian food also....and Heineken, or Rickards Red also...mmmm

my bags are packed, waiting for you invitation!
Back to top Go down
Ripsaw
Admin
Ripsaw

The never ending thread! Everything can be discussed! A place to get to know the people in the forum better. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The never ending thread! Everything can be discussed! A place to get to know the people in the forum better.   The never ending thread! Everything can be discussed! A place to get to know the people in the forum better. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 7:07 pm

Makanujo wrote:
It doesn't even have Doug Bradley in it, does it ripsaw?
No it doesn't Sad

Makanujo wrote:
I heard it sucked big time. Sorry!

And yes it does haha
Back to top Go down
http://reviewsofthedead.wordpress.com/
Dan Cronenberg
Gravedigger
Dan Cronenberg

PostSubject: Re: The never ending thread! Everything can be discussed! A place to get to know the people in the forum better.   The never ending thread! Everything can be discussed! A place to get to know the people in the forum better. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 2:01 am

Chad's picture is from the first horror movie ever made Smile
Back to top Go down
Makanujo
Shredded Human
Makanujo

PostSubject: Re: The never ending thread! Everything can be discussed! A place to get to know the people in the forum better.   The never ending thread! Everything can be discussed! A place to get to know the people in the forum better. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 3:28 am

Der Golem!
Back to top Go down
ladyzombie
Gravedigger
ladyzombie

PostSubject: Re: The never ending thread! Everything can be discussed! A place to get to know the people in the forum better.   The never ending thread! Everything can be discussed! A place to get to know the people in the forum better. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 2:33 pm

I've heard about it but never seen it. Is it any good??
Back to top Go down
Dan Cronenberg
Gravedigger
Dan Cronenberg

PostSubject: Re: The never ending thread! Everything can be discussed! A place to get to know the people in the forum better.   The never ending thread! Everything can be discussed! A place to get to know the people in the forum better. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 7:07 pm

ladyzombie wrote:
I've heard about it but never seen it. Is it any good??

1910 or 15 I think? the movie is cool if you are interested in cinema history. Dont expect nosferatu or cabinet of dr caligari.... but its also very expressionist though.
Back to top Go down
Dan Cronenberg
Gravedigger
Dan Cronenberg

PostSubject: Re: The never ending thread! Everything can be discussed! A place to get to know the people in the forum better.   The never ending thread! Everything can be discussed! A place to get to know the people in the forum better. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 7:09 pm

we need to get more people in here... maybe another post announcement on facebook???

Back to top Go down
ladyzombie
Gravedigger
ladyzombie

PostSubject: Re: The never ending thread! Everything can be discussed! A place to get to know the people in the forum better.   The never ending thread! Everything can be discussed! A place to get to know the people in the forum better. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 7:35 pm

Hey Dan
I did 2 announcements so far on FB, even on my wall for my horror friends and nothing!! I think maybe over the week-end we'll see new people...???

As for the Golem movie, i checked and it appears to be 1920's. In my mind, i always thought Nosferatu was the first (or one of the first horror movie). I'm curious to see it now...
Back to top Go down
Makanujo
Shredded Human
Makanujo

PostSubject: Re: The never ending thread! Everything can be discussed! A place to get to know the people in the forum better.   The never ending thread! Everything can be discussed! A place to get to know the people in the forum better. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 7:59 pm

Yes! Very good!
Back to top Go down
Makanujo
Shredded Human
Makanujo

PostSubject: Re: The never ending thread! Everything can be discussed! A place to get to know the people in the forum better.   The never ending thread! Everything can be discussed! A place to get to know the people in the forum better. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 8:04 pm

The Golem (1920), Germany, 86 minutes, starring Paul Wegener (as the Golem), Albert Steinruck and Lyda Salmonova. Directed by Paul Wegener and Carl Boese. The absolute best version of the film is the Kino Video release. There are A LOT of very crappy releases of this film. So beware! Mad
Back to top Go down
Makanujo
Shredded Human
Makanujo

PostSubject: Re: The never ending thread! Everything can be discussed! A place to get to know the people in the forum better.   The never ending thread! Everything can be discussed! A place to get to know the people in the forum better. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 8:05 pm

This morning I also posted a notice regarding this forum on my Facebook page: Chad The Impaler.
Back to top Go down
ladyzombie
Gravedigger
ladyzombie

PostSubject: Re: The never ending thread! Everything can be discussed! A place to get to know the people in the forum better.   The never ending thread! Everything can be discussed! A place to get to know the people in the forum better. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 8:08 pm

I noticed a new member this morning "razazel", i wonder who it is??
Back to top Go down
ladyzombie
Gravedigger
ladyzombie

PostSubject: Re: The never ending thread! Everything can be discussed! A place to get to know the people in the forum better.   The never ending thread! Everything can be discussed! A place to get to know the people in the forum better. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 2:27 am

Is there anybody out there???

Just nod if you can hear me

Is there anybody home??
Back to top Go down
Makanujo
Shredded Human
Makanujo

PostSubject: Re: The never ending thread! Everything can be discussed! A place to get to know the people in the forum better.   The never ending thread! Everything can be discussed! A place to get to know the people in the forum better. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 4:27 am

Hello? Hello? Hello? Is there anybody in there?
Back to top Go down
Dan Cronenberg
Gravedigger
Dan Cronenberg

PostSubject: Re: The never ending thread! Everything can be discussed! A place to get to know the people in the forum better.   The never ending thread! Everything can be discussed! A place to get to know the people in the forum better. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 1:36 pm

Hellooooo? Helloooo lloooo ooo ooo oo o

Anybody?

This forum rocks!
Back to top Go down
ladyzombie
Gravedigger
ladyzombie

PostSubject: Re: The never ending thread! Everything can be discussed! A place to get to know the people in the forum better.   The never ending thread! Everything can be discussed! A place to get to know the people in the forum better. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 2:55 pm

Hey guys, we need to figure out a time when we could all log in so at least there's a bit of traffic on this forum. Everytime I'm here i'm all alone... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Makanujo
Shredded Human
Makanujo

PostSubject: Re: The never ending thread! Everything can be discussed! A place to get to know the people in the forum better.   The never ending thread! Everything can be discussed! A place to get to know the people in the forum better. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 3:16 pm

Sounds like a good idea! I'm off weekends.
Back to top Go down
Dan Cronenberg
Gravedigger
Dan Cronenberg

PostSubject: Re: The never ending thread! Everything can be discussed! A place to get to know the people in the forum better.   The never ending thread! Everything can be discussed! A place to get to know the people in the forum better. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 6:37 pm

haha, ive got weekends free too.

I feel like we own this forum, only us in here, well sometimes we get a comment from ripsaw here and there but most of the time is only us in this horror world. haha awesome!
Back to top Go down
ladyzombie
Gravedigger
ladyzombie

PostSubject: Re: The never ending thread! Everything can be discussed! A place to get to know the people in the forum better.   The never ending thread! Everything can be discussed! A place to get to know the people in the forum better. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 10:05 pm

Dan, did you realise that they might have created this forum so they wouldn't have to read our numerous posts on FB ??? A polite way to kick us out ahahaha

Ok so i'm free the rest of the day....i'll stay logged in.

hhhmmmm, I need to pick a movie to watch...which one??? Question
Back to top Go down
Makanujo
Shredded Human
Makanujo

PostSubject: Re: The never ending thread! Everything can be discussed! A place to get to know the people in the forum better.   The never ending thread! Everything can be discussed! A place to get to know the people in the forum better. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 10:41 pm

Interesting theory Caroline! You may have hit the proverbial nail on the head. We are all such geeks that they simply could not tolerate us any longer so they pretended to create something to satiate our need for grue while in the process leading us away from their sacred domain. Hmmmm....
Back to top Go down
Makanujo
Shredded Human
Makanujo

PostSubject: Re: The never ending thread! Everything can be discussed! A place to get to know the people in the forum better.   The never ending thread! Everything can be discussed! A place to get to know the people in the forum better. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 10:42 pm

I just finished Fulci's Beatrice Cenci (1969) aka Conspiracy Of Torture. Not bad at all!!! Kind of a Mark Of The Devil thingy.
Back to top Go down
ladyzombie
Gravedigger
ladyzombie

PostSubject: Re: The never ending thread! Everything can be discussed! A place to get to know the people in the forum better.   The never ending thread! Everything can be discussed! A place to get to know the people in the forum better. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 10:50 pm

i'm sure it's a masterpiece compared to what i'm watching now....

I had a pile of troma movied that i had never watched (from my old job so i had these for at least 2004-2005). I picked the one on top "Dumpsted baby"......so far, not so good.....

Back to top Go down
Makanujo
Shredded Human
Makanujo

PostSubject: Re: The never ending thread! Everything can be discussed! A place to get to know the people in the forum better.   The never ending thread! Everything can be discussed! A place to get to know the people in the forum better. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 11:10 pm

You really shouldn't even finish that heap 'o' crap! I'm serious. The baby creature on the cover never even appears in the film (if I remember correctly). Shut it off and watch Troll 2. You'd be better off! No
Back to top Go down
ladyzombie
Gravedigger
ladyzombie

PostSubject: Re: The never ending thread! Everything can be discussed! A place to get to know the people in the forum better.   The never ending thread! Everything can be discussed! A place to get to know the people in the forum better. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 11:41 pm

i was thinking the same thing. The movie should be over in about 15 minutes and we didn't even see the baby yet!!! STUPID GARBAGE MOVIE!!!!

Im almost done, so might as well finish it...

The problem with Troma is that you have 1 ok to good movie for 15-20 REALLY bad ones!
Back to top Go down
Makanujo
Shredded Human
Makanujo

PostSubject: Re: The never ending thread! Everything can be discussed! A place to get to know the people in the forum better.   The never ending thread! Everything can be discussed! A place to get to know the people in the forum better. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 12:39 am

That's the truth with Troma! They have a habit of re-titling films as well so you really don't know what you're getting sometimes. My other issue with Troma is that nothing is ever widescreen. Always full frame! AAARRRGGGHHH!!! Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The never ending thread! Everything can be discussed! A place to get to know the people in the forum better.   The never ending thread! Everything can be discussed! A place to get to know the people in the forum better. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The never ending thread! Everything can be discussed! A place to get to know the people in the forum better.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next